PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Find Library

macromike
05-23-2007, 04:50 PM
I developed an app in VBA for office 2003. I tested and sent it to a client. Works fine on my machine but compiling or running it on their machine give the error "Cannot Find Library". It then highlights the function LCase$. I tried using LCase$ in the immediate window and it gives me the same error. I open the object browser (F2) and browse VBA. The String library shows as does LCase$ and LCase. I tried using a number of the functions in the string library (Left$, Right$, Mid$, etc.) and they all give me the same error. The client had installed Office 2007 so we moved over to another machine that had 2003. Same problem. Other functions and statements execute but none of the string functions. I've never seen the likes. Any ideas?

Bob Phillips
05-24-2007, 01:36 AM
This is usually caused by a missing reference.

Go into the VBIDE, then goto Tools>References. If there are any items with MISSING in them, unchcek them, and see if that solves the problem.

macromike
05-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Thank you for your reply.

I have checked the references and none are marked as missing.

Bob Phillips
05-25-2007, 07:58 AM
Can you post the workbook here?

macromike
05-25-2007, 08:02 AM
It's a Word document. Not sure how to do that in this forum.

lucas
05-25-2007, 08:36 AM
you can attach your word document by hitting post reply at the lower left of the last post...when the page comes up type your message then scroll down till you find a button that says manage attachments.