PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Will Macros from WinXP convert to Vista?

ctengelen
05-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Hi Folks,

We have a lot of forms, created in Word 2003 and WinXP o/s that rely heavily on macros and work just fine. Now there is talk that our organization wants to move to Vista in the near future. Will the macros still run alright or do we have to re-write them????? I don't know anything about Vista and would like to know what are the implications if we should change.

Thanks a bunch.

Trudy:think:

Bob Phillips
05-30-2007, 10:48 AM
The forms are in VBA, and not XP, so there should be no difference.

Vista should be backward compatible, note the should, so anything that works in XP should be okay. Most certainly there is no need to re-write, but a structured test in Visat might be prudent.

ctengelen
05-30-2007, 11:35 AM
That is what I thought and read so far - just that my boss likes to hear it from other folks too. And yes you are right, the macros are sitting with the office suite and not with the operating system. Thanks for reassuring me that I am on the right track.

Trudy

fumei
05-30-2007, 11:39 AM
They should be 99.9% fine, but there is of course no guarantee that wee percentage not won't bite you. If anything does serious interaction with the OS (not Office), then I would test them very carefully.

ctengelen
05-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks Gerry, I now can sleep just a "wee" bit better! To re-write all of the macros would have been a huge job.

I knew that you folks would have been working with the different o/s and Office suites by now.

Again, thanks
Trudy:hi: