PDA

View Full Version : Stock data downloading code

sujittalukde
06-04-2007, 10:47 PM
I have found a code to download data from internet from this site which I have modified to download stock data from nseindia.com

I need come modification to the code to suit my needs:

1. I have copied and pasteed the url from the address bar while downloading data for a stock code "sail" from nseindia.com. This can only download data for one stock code "Sail" & that too for the period 01/01/1994 to 30/06/07 because the code contains these as fixed element. In case I need to change the stock code of "Sail" & date range I have to change the code itselt. Can these -
Stock code &
date range be made variable

I have attached a sample wb which will show these requirements.

2. Secondly, I am using a stock charting software which supports csv files and the csv files can be imported directly to that software.So, Cell I1 which shows Total traded quantity needs to be changed to "Volume" automitaclly as the charting software recognizes term "Volume"

3. Can the code be modified in manner whwreby the downloaded csv files will be automatically saved to a folder say D:\prices

In case some more clarification needed , plz let me know.

sujittalukde
06-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

sujittalukde
06-06-2007, 04:59 AM
Any help!

sujittalukde
06-07-2007, 05:54 AM
Sorry that as I could not get any reply so I posted the same to another forum for some help. the link is
http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69940
Thanks