PDA

View Full Version : Insert Hyperlinks

Dowsey1977
06-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Hi,

I have a database that records all projects that are running. Each of these projects have to create a startup document, which are all stored on an intranet site.

What I want to do, is build a field into the database, so that when the user is on the form they will be able to initially click a button which will
- open up the "Insert Hyperlink" box
- The user can then browse to the document
- hyperlink inserted onto the form

The hyperlink is then displayed below the button in a textbox or something so that other users can click it and it opens the document.

Any ideas if this is possible?

Ebrow
06-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Hi,

I have attached a solution for you.

This link is useful to show you how to add a webbrowser to your form. Once added press F2 in VBA mode and select the SHDocVW library. you will see all the settings you can give the object.

Let me know what you think.

Dowsey1977
06-07-2007, 01:46 AM
Many thanks for the reply.

This looks excellent. Is there anyway to add a 'browse' button, in case the user doesn't know the exact website address?

Ebrow
06-07-2007, 05:29 AM
I am not sure what you mean by 'Browse' button.

The webbroswer will allow you to navigate within the websites links. Once at the address you wish to use select. Hyperlink.

Do you mean having a Favorites/History visible as like in Internet Exploerer. If you are looking for that let me know and I will see what I can do. :-)

Dowsey1977
06-07-2007, 06:22 AM
If I want to browse to a site that is not a link on the page that opens, e.g. I want to open www.vbaexpress.com (http://www.vbaexpress.com), and I don't know the address, so I want to click a "browse" button.

Ebrow
06-07-2007, 10:56 AM
So, is this an intranet site. If the intranet site has an index, you could create the defualt address of the browser.

Or get your intranet site setup with google search. Its free.

http://www.google.com/coop/cse/

and then use that as your default.

Or are you looking for a programatic way to search your intranet, were the program has to search out all the addresses. This would be combersume for the db. each time it is open to look at the tree of the site and then report back were to go.

You could always create a file on the intranet, which lists all the locations of your project files. Then use a browse functionality on that text file.

Unless someone else can suggest something else.

ProteanBeing
05-01-2008, 02:14 PM
I would like to know how to do this for files. I would like to be able to select a file in a 'windows explorer' type interface, double-click on the file, then store that pathname into a hyperlink field.