PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Question on Option Buttons on Forms vs Control

alex108
06-09-2007, 10:14 AM
When I group option buttons together using the forms toolbox and tie it to a cell the output is an integer 1,2, etc depending on how many option buttons are in the group.
If I do the same thing with the controls toolbox the output is true or false for each of the option buttons. I can write a line that will give me a number output for each one but it seems odd they give different outputs for essentially the same button.
Also is there a way to "group" option buttons from the controls toolbox? I am using the forms toolbox to form a group and don't see anything that allows it in controls toolbox?
Thanks

Bob Phillips
06-09-2007, 11:45 AM
They are different controls, probably developed by different areas of MS, so they work differently. Not good, but not surprising.

The control toolbox controls have properties that can be accessed. Go to design mode and double-click the control, you will be taken into teh VBIDE with the control in focus, and you can set the properties there, including the Group property.

alex108
06-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking it may be that and not just my vast ignorance of VBA! I can certainly work around it but didn't want to do so if it was just something I didn't know about on forms vs controls. Thanks for taking the time to educate!