PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Remove Hyperlinks

GaryB
06-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi,

I have a question regarding hyperlinks on spreadsheet. Is there any way to make a global change to a make a hyperlink not be a hyperlink. All I have been able to find is standard remove hyperlink and that only works one at a time.

Thanks For any help on this.

GaryB

vonpookie
06-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Yup, it's in the autocorrect options.
Tools\AutoCorrect Options\AutoFormat As You Type\uncheck the box next to "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks."

Note: That will only stop it from automatically linking addresses/e-mail addresses in the future. Any links you already have in teh sheet will still be linked.

GaryB
06-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks,

But I'm looking for something to remove the hyperlink for records I already have on the sheet.

Gary

vonpookie
06-13-2007, 01:40 PM
For that you need a macro.

One way:
Sub RemoveHyperlinks()
Dim c As Range

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each c In Selection
On Error Resume Next
c.Hyperlinks(1).Delete
On Error GoTo 0
Next c
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Select a range of cells, then run the macro to remove the links from that range.

GaryB
06-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Yup, it's in the autocorrect options.
Tools\AutoCorrect Options\AutoFormat As You Type\uncheck the box next to "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks."

Note: That will only stop it from automatically linking addresses/e-mail addresses in the future. Any links you already have in teh sheet will still be linked.
It turns out I do need what you suggested also. But when I don't show an autocorrect options. I am using office 2000. I show autocorrect but non of the sub-menus show me what you suggested.

Gary

GaryB
06-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks Vonpookie,

The code worked like a charm. I appreciate the help.

Gary

johnske
06-13-2007, 03:32 PM
No need to loop, it's slow, just use

Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete
Or, for the whole sheet

Cells.Hyperlinks.Delete

vonpookie
06-14-2007, 09:08 AM
It turns out I do need what you suggested also. But when I don't show an autocorrect options. I am using office 2000. I show autocorrect but non of the sub-menus show me what you suggested.

Gary

I don't have 2000 available to double-check, but I believe it's the same. Make sure you switch to the correct tab labeled "Autoformat as you type." The option for hyperlinks is there.