PDA

View Full Version : Link to Page Number

gnod
06-20-2007, 12:12 AM
i have a table of contents with page number and i want it to link to the specified page number. do i have to create a bookmark in every page or is there any other way?

thanks

fumei
06-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Table of Contents usually are clickable. You click the ToC item, and you go to that location (page). It has nothing to do with the page number though.

EricFletcher
06-21-2007, 06:41 AM
If your ToC has numbers that don't act as hyperlinks (i.e. they don't jump to the page number when you click on them), try using Ctrl-Click instead. You can change this behaviour in the Tools | Options, Edit tab: turn off the "Use CTRL + Click to follow hyperlinks" checkbox.

gnod
06-21-2007, 09:45 PM
i want to link the page number in table of contents but i don't know how.. when i use the hyperlink it doesn't show the page number in "Place in this document"..

i'm using Word 2000..

thanks..

geekgirlau
06-21-2007, 10:57 PM
How have you create the table of contents?

EricFletcher
06-22-2007, 06:03 AM
Your last question makes me suspect that you are not using the built-in table of contents feature of Word. While it is possible to cobble together a ToC without using it, you will find that it is much easier to use what Word provides. I suggest you review Word's Help for "create a table of contents".

fumei
06-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Yes. Did you, or did you not, generate the Table of Contents? That is, did you use Word to make the ToC? Insert > Reference > Index and Tables?

If you did not....then try doing it. Table of Contents generated by Word do exactly what you are asking.