PDA

View Full Version : How to copy sheet with dynamics chart?

yurble_vn
06-20-2007, 02:11 AM
Dear all,

I have a sheet with some dynamics charts, and when use "move or copy" to copy the sheet, all the chart formula changed to fix series numbers.

Is there anyway copy sheet in which dynamics charts keep it dynamics formular?

In case you didnt know, I use "local define name" in the fomular.

Thanks all.

yurble_vn
06-30-2007, 01:08 AM
Please help,

How copy a sheet which containt a dynamic chart?

I have faced the trouble that, after copy, all the reference in dynamic chart transfer to fix number....., so, it is no more dynamics chart.

Please, any help...

JonPeltier
07-04-2007, 09:31 AM
I saw this in another forum someplace. Here's how I answered it.

If you use Move Sheet, the local names will be retained in the series formulas. If you use Copy Sheet, the local names are obliterated. This obliteration seems like a bug, but I've been told it's by design. Tomayto - tomahto. What you have to do is move the sheet with chart to its own new workbook, save the workbook, and move the sheet back. Now you're back where you started. Reopen the new workbook with the sheet and its chart, and move the sheet to where you wanted to copy it in the first place. For each additional copy, reopen the new workbook and move the sheet to its destination.

If you do this a lot, save the new workbook as a template, and insert a new sheet based on this template.

mdmackillop
07-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks Jon,
A very useful technique.
Regards
MD

yurble_vn
07-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Thanks Jon,

I have shot the trouble by the method you told, it's very kind of you. I have read your answer in other forum but forget to put it here for everyone reference.

BTW, after test, I have found this error. (I mean another trouble I meet, your method is working perfectly )
http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?p=105761#post105761

Please take a look and help

Once again, thanks ;)