PDA

View Full Version : Macros won't work

lwq1caq
06-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a slight problem. I have created a customer survey form for my company and attached an "Email Macro" to the submit button...here is the issue:

When I send the form to myself (via email) I am asked to Enable the Macros and the everything works according to plan.

When I send the form to someone else (also in my company) the macros do not enable and when they select the submit button an error stating the macros are disabled pops up.

I feel sure this is a quick fix...but I don't know what it is.

Thanks for any input.

lucas
06-20-2007, 11:26 AM
If their security is set to high or very high they won't be given the choice to enable macro's. You have to open a blank new word document and set your security to medium to be given a choice...then close the file...then open your file. Hope this helps.

lwq1caq
06-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the reply...all security levels are set to Medium...any other ideas?

lucas
06-20-2007, 11:40 AM
could you sanitize it and post it here...hit post reply on the lower left of the last post...post your message then scroll down and look for manage attachments.

lucas
06-20-2007, 12:06 PM
If your sending your email through Outlook you may need to reset your security for Outlook...

lwq1caq
06-20-2007, 02:18 PM
I have determined the problem. Apparently depending on who you are our General Office IT policies regulate the Macro Security level. For most people it is HIGH and not MEDIUM.

If you come across this situation the user can open Word...Tools...Options...Security...Macro Security...reset to Medium...OK...OK and while Word is still open, open the document containing Macros and the Macros will fire.

We are currently working on code to reset the security setting from HIGH to MEDIUM only while this document is open. I'll let you know if we hit pay dirt OR if you happen to have the code --- please share.

Thanks

lucas
06-20-2007, 02:30 PM
It can be done but it would be considered to be a possible hack...if you can do that then security settings mean nothing and I would be surprised if your IT people let you go forward with the idea...

fumei
06-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Your IT security people (if they are any good at all) will nail you to the wall even suggesting it.

Security is absolutely useless if someone can code change to the level. What would be the point of having High, if someone can blithely change to medium????

Oh, and even at Medium, you would still get the dialog asking if it is OK.