PDA

View Full Version : Tab key issues in form (inserts tab rather than moving to next control)

feathers212
06-25-2007, 01:20 PM
I have a form that is setup with many text and combo boxes. The MultiLine, TabKeyBehavior, AutoTab, and EnterKeyBehavior properties for all of these are set to 'False'. Most of the time, using the tab key moves the user to the next box in the tab order.

However, there are times when hitting the tab key actually puts a tabbed space in the box. I have no idea why this is happening (as all above mentioned properties are set to false).

This causes a major problem when the information is inputted from the form to my spreadsheet. It ends up transferring the tabbed space as two "squares". This is completely unacceptable as some of the fields on the sheet are used to create the file's name.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? Is there anyway to find and delete the "squares" once they are inputted on the sheet prior to using the cell information to create the file name?

mdmackillop
06-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Can you post a workbook containing the form?

feathers212
06-26-2007, 04:50 AM
Here is the file

geekgirlau
06-26-2007, 06:51 PM
I found Tab operated as it should in all of the text boxes, regardless of whether there was text in them. However a user can still press [Ctrl-Tab] - do you think this is what is happening?

mdmackillop
06-27-2007, 12:07 AM
On a very quick test, I found that too.

feathers212
06-27-2007, 05:35 AM
It is definitely not Ctrl-Tab thing that is happening. I have gone to the operators' computers myself and have had the problem occur when pressing just the tab key.

It's weird because I can have the issue occur, leave the form open, go to another application (word, outlook, etc.), and on return to the open excel form, the issue no longer exists (although the previous tab spaces are still in the text boxes).

All of the operator computers are running the same version/service pack of Excel that I have on my computer (2003, SP2). I'm totally clueless as to this glitch (there doesn't appear to be anything triggering it).

What I really need to do is, if the issue does occur, to figure out a way to get rid of this space (ie a find/replace line of coding in an AfterUpdate event procedure).

feathers212
06-28-2007, 05:01 AM
Any thoughts on how to get rid of this tab space?