PDA

View Full Version : how to distribut a form project?

jeff06
06-28-2007, 01:47 PM
I developed a excel VBA form project. Can someone recommed a way for me to publish it for others to use?
Thanks

lucas
06-28-2007, 03:15 PM
zip it up and email it to them...??
What is the question? Is all the code in a workbook?

jeff06
06-29-2007, 05:28 AM
Thank for your response, I want a way to make the form preject part of excel. Now, if a user want to use it, he has to open VB editor and compile the project the run it. Is there a way to add a memu item to excel so user only need to click the item to run the project?
Thanks.
Jeff

lucas
06-29-2007, 06:11 AM
You can add a button to the sheet from the forms toolbar and then right click on it to assign a macro to run.

You can also run your macros by hitting alt+F8 and select the macro. I suspect the problem is you have built a userform and need to show it so you need to insert a module and add code similar to this:
Sub showform()
userform1.Show
End Sub

assign your button or menu to this macro and it will show your userform....note userform1 has to be the name of your userform or you will have to change that in the code to refect the actual name of your userform.

Alt method of adding a menu but might be a little advanced for you right now but take a look it might be just what your looking for.
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=921

lucas
06-29-2007, 06:35 AM
he has to open VB editor and compile the project the run it.
The reason I believe is that you have built a userform and you need to add a standard module to the project with the snippet of code I posted above to call your userform....if you would post your workbook it would be much easier to guide you through this simple process....
hit post reply at the bottom left of the last post....post your message and before you hit submit..scroll down and look for manage attachments.

lucas
06-29-2007, 06:51 AM
example attached....see image in excel file for location of standard module and code to call the userform.

jeff06
06-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Thank you very much.
How to add a button to a sheet?

lucas
06-29-2007, 07:10 AM
right click on any menu bar and make sure the forms toolbar has a check next to it.....once the forms toolbar is open just click on the one that says button and then draw your button on the sheet. Right click to assign a macro.

lucas
06-29-2007, 07:11 AM
You can also open the forms toolbar by going to view-toolbars-forms

jeff06
06-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Thank you so much,
Lucas!

lucas
06-29-2007, 07:48 AM
Your welcome Jeff, Be sure to mark your thread solved usng the thread tools at the top of the page...you can post followup questions even if it's been marked solved.