PDA

View Full Version : U.K Can any one recommend a VBA course?

chunk777
07-03-2007, 05:30 AM
Hi all,

My focus is Excel VBA and I apply it in an accounts environment.

Can any one recommend a part time course in VBA either online or in North London?

The majority of courses I find when I search on Google are 1 or 2 day courses for ?500, which I am not interested in. I would prefer something more progressive and in-depth.

I have been teaching myself VBA for Excel and have progressed to a point where I can manipulate recorded macros and apply code from the internet into my procedures. I have built some productive automated excel reports. I have made good use of loops, for each i, pivot tables, message/input boxes, error handling and basic forms.

Unfortunately I feel like I am missing the fundamentals of VBA and I waste a lot of time on trial and error. I am positive I am not benefiting from the full features available in VBA.

Should I focus on a VBA or would an online Visual Basic course be suitable to cover all that I need? Would a Visual Basic course contain too much that is not relevant to VBA?

Where does VB.Net fit into the picture?

If anyone has any ideas, recommendations or can let me know where they obtained their knowledge of VBA I would be grateful

Thanks

Bob Phillips
07-03-2007, 05:35 AM
PM me, and I will give you some steer.

unmarkedhelicopter
07-03-2007, 06:09 AM
Bob, if you have more than one already are you a cattle rancher ? :)

RichardSchollar
07-03-2007, 07:15 AM
Sounds like bullocks to me

;)

lucas
07-03-2007, 07:43 AM
Time to take the bull by the horns

Bob Phillips
07-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Sounds like bullocks to me

;)

Only someone from Eastleigh could be so uncouth!

RichardSchollar
07-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Only someone from Eastleigh could be so uncouth!

Sadly a lot of truth in that! Altho I am naturally the exception which proves the rule :giggle

chunk777
07-04-2007, 01:05 PM
I'll leave you guys to your beers, steers and queers and go back to reading my book. Cheers.

unmarkedhelicopter
07-05-2007, 03:03 AM
How many "eers" can you get in one sentence ?

"Now that veers into dodgey territory" says UMH as he leers at the girl in the red dress ...

Can I get a grep on "eers" ????? ......

If RichardSchol is 'uncouth' does that mean that Bob thinks he is 'couth' ?

mdmackillop
07-05-2007, 04:48 AM
Maybe couthie!

The adjective couthie has one meaning:
Meaning #1 (http://www.answers.com/topic/couthie-couthy): (chiefly Scottish) agreeable and genial

Charlize
07-05-2007, 05:00 AM
... can let me know where they obtained their knowledge of VBA I would be grateful.Trial and error, reading help files, a lot of fooling around and with the tremendious help of this site (You just have to know how to ask a question.).

mdmackillop
07-05-2007, 07:39 AM
(You just have to know how to ask a question.).
More importantly, you have to know how NOT to ask a question! :devil2:

Ken Puls
07-05-2007, 09:29 AM
More importantly, you have to know how NOT to ask a question! :devil2:

LOL! Ain't that the truth!

Trial and error, reading help files, a lot of fooling around and with the tremendious help of this site

That and an intensive study of J-Walk's Power Programming book for me. ;)