PDA

View Full Version : Outlook items on disk

Mavver
07-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have a basic problem, but on a large scale.

A company who works for us, or I should say used to work for us, as a contact centre has sent across on disk all of the email enquiries that they have recieved over the last 2 years.

Half of these email are in a HTML Document Type, and half are in an Outlook Item type.

Does anyone know an easy way to automatically send all of these emails to a specfic inbox, so they are held in another email account?

Ta

Mav

mvidas
07-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Hi Mav,

For the outlook item type (.msg?) you should just be able to click/drag them into your inbox (click, drag, hover mouse over Outlook application in taskbar, drag to inbox). As for the .html files, there is no easy way for that one. You have a couple options though
-I've heard there are programs out there that will convert .html to .msg but I've never used any
-We could write code that would create a blank message, import the .html source into a string variable then set that to the .htmlbody of the message

You could try googling "html to msg" for the first option; as for the second option you would just have to let us know. It wouldn't be very difficult to do, I may put something together for you in a few minutes anyways as a just-in-case