PDA

View Full Version : pagenumbers in table

knutmoen
07-04-2007, 02:24 AM
Hi!

I need some help with inserting pagenumbers in a word document. I have a table in footer. It has 3 rows and 3 columns. I need the pagenumber to be at part of text in cell (3, 1) (down to the left).

How do i do this?

thanks

EricFletcher
07-04-2007, 06:48 AM
You have several options to insert a field code that will display the page number.

a) The easiest is to click the page symbol on the Header and Footer toolbar (it looks like a single page) or type Alt-Shift-P.

b) Use the Insert Field dialog and choose Page from the list of field names. This method gives you more options for how to format the number.

c) Type the field in directly: type Ctrl-F9 to have Word put up the field code braces ({ }). The cursor will be in the center of the braces, so type the word "page" (no quotes). Now select the braces and word within it and press F9 to resolve the field code. You should see your page number.

Method (a) is the easiest, but take a look at the options available for method (b) to get a better understanding of Word's very powerful field capabilities.

knutmoen
07-05-2007, 11:59 PM
thanks for your replay, but im afraid i left out some essential info about my problem. I need VB-code for this. I want to put the pagenumbering in a macro.

thanks

mdmackillop
07-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Why not create an autotext containing your table and page field. Record a macro inserting this into a footer.

knutmoen
07-06-2007, 01:47 AM
ahh, why didnt i think about that.

thanks for your help:)