PDA

View Full Version : Inserting a textbox with text from a UserForm in word2003

ptempo
07-04-2007, 07:23 AM
Hello

I need to insert a textbox with one word in the upper left corner of a document with a sub run from a button click in a UserForm.

To clarify: I have a UserForm that comes up each time a user uses the save as button, or saves a document for the first time. In the userbox they have a few choices and an OK button. What I need is a textbox inserted in the corner based on their choice. I have all the other stuff working, and all I need is for the text to appear in the upper corner, above the header and all that.

Any ideas?

// Gustaf

fumei
07-04-2007, 12:09 PM
above the headerHmmmmm. Tricky.

More details please. This is not a trivial thing to do, if I understand you correctly.

Also....WHY???????

ptempo
07-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Ok.

I have written a script that runs each time the user presses the 'save as' button in word. When the user does this a doc variable is set to confidential or not confidential. If the document is confidential I want it to say so in the upper corner.

If it helps, it doesn't matter if the text is written from the UserForm or from the module.

Thanks
// Gustaf

lucas
07-05-2007, 06:58 AM
Would a watermark work for this?
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=588

fumei
07-06-2007, 10:04 AM
My question why actually was to ask why THERE - "above the header and all that".

ptempo
07-10-2007, 01:09 AM
I dont want to block everything out if there's text there. But it will probably be on the side instead.

lucas: that was the first thing I tried, and I ended up solving it in a similar way but with a textbox insted.

Thanks for your help.