PDA

View Full Version : 2 problems

eran3185
07-05-2007, 05:06 AM
hey
i have 2 problems :
1-i can fill only the first line in the form
2-i want to use "quantity - min" table : i want that if the quantity in the big form will be less then the quantity in the "quantity - min" table - that product will be in red

Ebrow
07-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Your first field show be a field called ID with the type of Autonumber, set that as your primary key. I have never seen two primary keys in a table before.

Indexing the feld you require indexed.

Carl A
07-05-2007, 05:00 PM
I have never seen two primary keys in a table before.

From the help files

Multiple-field primary keys

In situations where you can't guarantee the uniqueness of any single field, you may be able to designate two or more fields as the primary key. The most common situation where this arises is in the table used to relate two other tables in a many-to-many relationship.

eran3185
07-05-2007, 09:29 PM
my second question ?
:dunno

OBP
07-06-2007, 05:29 AM
eran, I have looked at your Database and I have the following recommendations.
1. The Quantity - Min Table is not necessary, the Min Stock Value should be a field in the Product table.
2. You need to be clear on what the "Big" table is for. Is it a Stock Check, a Delivery Table.
3. Links between tables should really be numbers rather than Text.
The reason for this is as Carl A says is it a one to one or one to many relationship.
Can you explain what database is going to be for?

eran3185
07-07-2007, 09:33 AM
i want a list of products.
every product has date and quantity .
also - every product has a minimum (if there is lwss then the minimum - i want to see that product in red)
i have a big list (quantity - min) , but not all the products are in the big table (big).