PDA

View Full Version : Disabling the "Unsafe ActiveX controls" promt in excel

lemonade
07-16-2007, 10:11 AM
My project involves automating the download of data from market view. I am using the market view excel tool to achieve this. I have written a DTS package that programmatically creates an instance of an excel workbook, connects to the internet using the market view excel tool, and then updates the data passed to the excel sheet form the DTS package. To achieve this, a reference to the market view dll must be created either at design time or at run time.

Whenever I try to create a reference to the dll, I get the message:

This application is about to initialise activeX controls that might be unsafe. If you trust the source of this file, select OK and the controls will be initialised using your current workspace settings.

I have tried the following solutions on 2 systems. Some worked with a Windows XP system but none worked on a Windows 2003 system at a client site. Some of the solutions tried are listed below.

1) Change the registry settings to UFIControls = 1. This solution was gotten from the site

2) Installing Office 2003 rsource kit and configuring group policy settings.

3) Trusting the publisher in excel

I need to get rid of this prompt because a job will be scheduled to execute the DTS package.

Please I need help on this ASAP. It is stalling the deployment of the project.

Thank you very much.

Lemonade
loadTOCNode(2, 'workaround');

OdiN
07-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Have you marked Trust all installed add-ins and templates as well as Trust access to Visual Basic Project in Excel?

Tool > Options > Security > Macro Security

Not sure if that's what you meant by #3 or not.

Bob Phillips
07-17-2007, 01:47 AM
I don't have windows 2003, but the registry fix is how I have always done it.

lemonade
07-17-2007, 05:27 AM
Have you marked Trust all installed add-ins and templates as well as Trust access to Visual Basic Project in Excel?

Tool > Options > Security > Macro Security

Not sure if that's what you meant by #3 or not.
Thanks OdiN,

I have marked all instaaed add-ins and templates as well as trust access to visual basic pproject.

Lemonade