PDA

View Full Version : inporting external data

Tenspeed39355
07-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Hi guys. I just started using excel 2007 and I am lost in the woods.
I used to use an early verson of excel to inport data from other sites.
I used to type in the name of the site and then when the sit came up there were yellow arrows showing the different parts of the page. I could
download the data I wanted into excel. Since using excel 2007 I am lost.
What do I do to type in the site like http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=eos
That would bring up the page I wanted so I could download some of the data into the excel ss. Can you help me to get started. Thanks for your
time with this.
Max

JWollman
07-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Not sure I totally understand- but when i click on the site you have above, and right click in the middle of that page I have the option to :"export to excel" and I get some data...

Tenspeed39355
07-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the reply. I did what you said about clicking on a part of the page and it downloaded to a ss.
What I was refering to is with the older versons of Excel there was a section that I could go to,type in the site. When at the site each section
of of site had yellow arrows pointing to each section.
I could select a section and downloat to the ss I was working on. If I wanted to update the data I could go to that part in Excel and select update and the new data would be put in the ss. I cannot find any of that in the new Excel 2007. If you can direct me to that part then I will be on
my way.
Max

JWollman
07-20-2007, 10:31 AM
sorry- I only have 2003 here.... but its not located under Data/Import external data/web query? thats how it is in excel 03

RichardSchollar
07-20-2007, 11:33 AM
In 2007:

Data Ribbon, second icon from the left ("From Web") - click it and type the address in there.

Richard