PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Hyperlink Address

sujittalukde
07-20-2007, 10:19 PM
I am attching a workbook which I have downloaded earlier from web. the beauty of the file is that it contains a list of hyperlimked worksheets and when click the hyperlink it will take you to that sheet and will show "active" to the index instead of Hyperlinked worksheet name.

Suppose you Wksh10, you will be taken to Wksh 10, and at Wksh10 sheet, in the index of Hyperlinked index, for Wksh10 will be wriitten as active", instead of Wksh10. How this can be done?

Bob Phillips
07-21-2007, 01:57 AM
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#buildtoc

or

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc2.htm

sujittalukde
07-21-2007, 02:40 AM
Thanks xld, but these are macro codes wherein the sample WB I uploaded doesnot contain any macros.

malik641
07-22-2007, 03:06 PM
If you are just looking to replicate what you downloaded off the web then you can take a look at the hyperlinks already created in your attachment by Right-Clicking the existing hyperlink and selecting "Edit Hyperlink". You will see what was chosen in the Hyperlink dialogue box to create the link. Note the Text To Display textbox and the Cell Reference text box. Also, under the "Link to:" section they have selected "Place in This Document". Selecting this will bring up the Tree View display in the middle of the dialogue box. There are 2 main nodes, "Cell Reference" and "Defined Names". The Cell Reference node contains the worksheet names in the workbook. You can use this in combination with the "Type the cell reference" textbox. The Defined Names node lists all the defined names throughout the workbook. If this is selected, the "Type the cell reference" textbox is disabled (as it should be).

To create your own hyperlinks like this, simply right-click any non-hyperlinked cell and choose "Hyperlink", then click on "Place in This Document" in the left side of the dialogue box. Then choose the method you want to go with (either Worksheet and specified cell or Named Range).

By the way, the "active" portion in each worksheet I believe is just done manually. All those hyperlink indices are just made manually in each worksheet.

sujittalukde
07-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the solution.