PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Automatic close and save

lovespar
07-23-2007, 10:05 AM
I need some help, I have tried both the codes from the previous posts on Auto closing and saving a work book, but my work book still will not close.
When the message comes up on the sample, if you don't click OK, it just stays open with the message on the screen. I want the workbook to close, because some one left it unattended so I don't need a count down clock. My workbook has 9 sheets in it. Could that be a problem?
I have copied the code staright froom the formum into my workbook under the proper places of Workbook and module.
The samples work, as far as closing within a minute, but when I paste the code into my WB, nothing happens.
Any thoughts out there?:banghead:
Thanks in advance

Bob Phillips
07-23-2007, 10:17 AM
No attachment. You are going to have to post a few dummy posts to force your post count to 5, then you can post an attachment.

lovespar
07-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Does a reply cont as a post?

Bob Phillips
07-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Yeah, just thank me for talking to you, and it counts <G>

andrewvanmar
07-25-2007, 01:07 AM
after you thank him, you can say hello to me, that makes another ;-)

lovespar
07-25-2007, 05:31 AM
Is there any advantage to setting up the workbook as a shared workbook,
versus closing it? My objective here is so that more than one person can enter information into the workbook at a time.

Bob Phillips
07-25-2007, 05:48 AM
NO, NO, a athousand times NO!!!!! Hex and curses on you for even suggesting it. Serious Excellers will not touch shared workbooks with a barge-pole.

Or more moderately ... shared workbooks are fraught with problems, and you would be well advised to find an alternative solution.

lovespar
07-25-2007, 06:15 AM
Thanks again for steering me in the correct direction, I will leave the "shared" notebook for someone else to experience and proceed with closing mine on non-attentive users