PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Cannot Open The Excel File

nick99
07-24-2007, 11:01 AM
I made the 8Mb Huge template file in excel.
Right before i was closing it there was some error in VBA.
what i tried to do was delete some macros......then i decided not to.
when i reverted back to my excel file it showed me the view we get when we open only the excel application, with no work book open.
So i saved and i tried to open it.....each time excel opens but does not show my file.
The file size is 8Mb even after saving. so i know there is data in it but i cannot view my file.....
Please help!!!!!!
I need this file!!!!!

malik641
07-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Right before i was closing it there was some error in VBA.
What error was it?

Do you double-click the file when Excel is not open? Do you open the file by selecting File-->Open... and select the file? You could also try opening the file by code and see what happens (although I doubt it will be different).

nick99
07-24-2007, 12:24 PM
There is no error.
it seems like excel opens it normally but i dont see anything. i only see the skeleton of excel.
However i can look at all the codes in VB editor.
So i know the file is open...but i dont know why i cant see the data.

i have uploaded the file at this link.......if you want to try it out.

http://download.yousendit.com/71CC82D2216021E5 (http://download.yousendit.com/71CC82D2216021E5)

Tommy
07-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Hi nick99,

Pick Window -> Unhide Make sure the name of the workbook is highlighted (just in case there is more than 1 workbook open.)
Your sheets will show up. :)

nick99
07-24-2007, 01:32 PM
I didnt understand what you meant.
However all the hide and unhide functions of the sheet are disabled

Tommy
07-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Close excel. Reopen the file and across the top (the menu for Excel) Pick Window, in the drop down menu pick unhide, there will be another dialog box that opens, in this dialog box there should be the name of the workbook you are trying to open, make sure it is highlighted and pick OK. The Workbook should be visible now.

If the hide and unhide menu selections and both grayed out, there is something else going on your PC. I have already done this and all sheets are visible.

nick99
07-24-2007, 02:58 PM
THANKS A LOT TOMMY IT WORKED!!!
Sheesh i feel so stupid!!!