PDA

View Full Version : Help: How to change color pallet?

yurble_vn
07-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Hi All,

I note that, some workbook have different color pallet. Just wonder how to change it?

Please help !!!

rory
07-26-2007, 01:34 AM
Tools->Options, select the Color tab, and then pick a colour and choose Modify... Finally, save the workbook. Location of these commands will be different if you have Excel 2007.
Regards,
Rory

yurble_vn
07-26-2007, 03:20 AM
is there anyway to modify all Pallet a time?

I means, we can chose the scheme for the whole excel file.

rory
07-26-2007, 03:35 AM
If by the "whole Excel file", you mean for all workbooks, both previously created and newly created, the answer is not really. Colour palettes are saved with workbooks.
You can create a book.xlt template, set its colour palette and save it in the XLSTART directory and the new colour palette will apply to all workbooks created by pressing the 'New workbook' icon on the Standard toolbar, but this will not affect existing workbooks and nor will it work if users select File->New... 'Blank Workbook' from the menu. If they do that, the colour palette is taken from the activeworkbook at the time.
You might be able to do something using the Office Resource Kit and Group Policies if you are on a network, but that's not something I have ever been involved with.
Regards,
Rory

yurble_vn
07-26-2007, 04:03 AM
No, I did not mean all excel file. I mean all pallet only. SO I can import the whole color pallet everytime need.

For example, i have a calendar, so, i can change the color scheme to Winter, Autumn.... for each season... (just take this as an example)

Thanks for your prompt reply

rory
07-26-2007, 04:20 AM
Yes - you could set up four different workbooks with the colour palettes you want (one for each season), then in the Options dialog you can choose a workbook to copy colours from.
Regards,
Rory