PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Scheduled Tasks using VBA

SherryO
07-31-2007, 08:12 AM
For some reason, even though I have admin rights to my laptop, I cannot delete or edit a scheduled task from Windows 2000 v5 sp4. My IT dept looked at it and can't figure it out. I have a desktop set up the same way and don't have any problems... In any case, if anyone knows how to remove it programatically, I would truly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Charlize
07-31-2007, 11:55 PM
A little bit more info required. Is it a task on an exchange server or locally. Is it maybe synchronised with a server ? And even with admin rights it is possible that someone else makes a task for you that you can not delete. For every new task created, everyone must be redacteur (or something) or you can only view the task.

SherryO
08-01-2007, 06:33 AM
There are two tasks that someone in IT created and he can't delete or edit them and I have two that I can't delete or edit. They were tasks to open an excel file, which has an open event on it on my machine locally. The others were to open calculator as tests. I don't believe that it has anything to do with a server and I know it has nothing to do with exchange. It's the scheduled tasks from the system tools menu.

Charlize
08-01-2007, 06:43 AM
Can you run the program ?
- Start
- Bureau accessoires (accessoires)
- System tools
- Schedule tasks

And you are logged in with a password.

Charlize
08-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Have you tried stopping the task before deleting it.
- right-click the task in the Scheduled Tasks window
- click Properties. On the General tab, clear the Enabled check box. Select the check box again to enable the task when you are ready to let the task scheduler run it again.

Charlize
08-03-2007, 05:08 AM
How have you created that task ? Be aware that you can't delete tasks you've created with the Task Scheduler Wizard from the command line using the AT command.

- use run in the startmenu
- type cmd and enter
- type at and enter to view list of tasks of current computer

and also try : schtasks and enter