PDA

View Full Version : Problem Toolbar Placement

shades
07-31-2007, 02:49 PM
I have SparkMaker installed on this computer (Win XP, Office 2003), and it adds a toolbar to Excel, Powerpoint, and Word. Very handy, indeed!

But, in XL and PPT, when I placed the toolbar on the same row of toolbars as others, it stays put, but in Word, the toolbar always reverts to the next "row of toolbars", which means it is by itself. I have opened Normal.dot and placed it beside other toolbars on same row - like in XL and PPT. As long as I keep it open, it is fine, but if I quit Word, and re-open, the toolbar has repositioned itself to its own row.

On the attachment, you can see that there is plenty of room for the toolbar.

Any suggestions on how to keep it on the main row of toolbars?

fionabolt
08-01-2007, 01:08 AM
There are a couple of ways you could achieve this.

First, put the toolbar in a global template (as a general rule I always leave Normal.dot alone and create my own global template).

Then in that global template, add a module called AutoExec, and in that module add a procedure called AutoExec.

Sub AutoExec()
With CommandBars("TheNameoftheCommandBar")
.Top = 0 ' or whatever value you prefer
.Left = 0 ' or whatever value you prefer
End With
End Sub

or

Sub AutoExec()
CommandBars("TheNameoftheCommandBar").Position = msoBarTop
'MsoBarPosition can be one of these MsoBarPosition constants.
'msoBarBottom
'msoBarFloating
'msoBarLeft
'msoBarMenuBar
'msoBarPopup
'msoBarRight
'msoBarTop
End Sub

shades
08-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks. So far neither option is working. I even tried these in the Normal.dot (just to see if it would work). No go.

I am going to continue playing with it. It is very frustrating, since in all other Office products it works exactly as expected. :(

fionabolt
08-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Then I would suggest that there is something in the code that SparkMaker uses that places the toolbar. Have you contacted their helpdesk?

shades
08-06-2007, 06:37 AM
Yes, I sent an email Firday, but haven't heard anything yet.