PDA

View Full Version : Open minimized & save report (Newbie!)

DekHog
08-01-2007, 02:52 AM
Hi...

I'm trying to automate a report we do weekly - I've created a sheet with the three buttons on it that I would require, but don't have a clue how to get started with it - the first step would be to browse/select another spreadsheet, then probably open it minimized with a range of cells selected on it for creating the report from (or maybe just select the range of cells)? The required range would always be A thru M, but the rows would always vary in number.

I did try Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFindFile).Show to start, but can't work out how to get the selected file minimized so as to keep the focus on the sheet with the buttons - it would require to be renamed/saved as 'WinPCS & Date.'

I could probably struggle through the second button (formatting) of the report by recording/editing a macro, but it's where to start that has me stumped as I've only been trying to learn VBA for a few weeks.

I've attached both files if anyone can help - the file titled 'History' is the one with the range to be formatted, and you will see the probable workflow by the buttons on the other sheet. I'm not even sure at which point I should be renaming/saving it I've got myself so confused now!

If I've not explained anything clearly enough, just shout and I'll get right back to you.

Both sheets attached if any kind person could possibly help out? (I'm sure it will improve my VBA greatly as well, although I'm beginning to think I'm too old and stupid to start learning something like this having NEVER programmed before)! :)

Many Thanks

rbrhodes
08-01-2007, 04:06 AM
Hi DH,

I've had a look at your files and here's Lessson 1 <g>

You don't give any detail of the actual report layout so I left that alone.

As for being too old and stupid to learn VBA, just look at me! I've even put up a web page!

DekHog
08-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Hi....

Thanks a million... I always kick myself when I see how simple the bloody code actually is!

We're thinking of changing the format of the report, so I've put the rest on hold until we decide - don't want to go to all the bother of formatting it one way then having to change it two days later...

I'll be back with questions!! :thumb

Thanks