PDA

View Full Version : What IS the purpose of "Design View"?

blazonQC
08-02-2007, 03:24 PM
I have tried and tried and tried to figure out exactly what this does..... but I just can't figure it out. I must be totally missing something, but it seems to me as though I can do anything in normal view that i can do in design view. Am I just a complete tard, or does this really not do anything? Please don't laugh! :P lol.

Chad

rory
08-02-2007, 03:25 PM
If you are talking about the blue set square on the Control Toolbox, this only applies to controls that you add to the worksheet - it allows you to change their properties.
Regards,
Rory

Charlize
08-02-2007, 03:45 PM
In design mode the macro's behind the buttons on a worksheet will not execute. You must be in normal mode.

Bob Phillips
08-02-2007, 04:19 PM
When in design view, if you double-click a control toolbox control, it either takes you to that control's event procedure, or if there isn't one, creates a skeleton event procedure for you and takes you to it.

You can also invoke the properties window for that control by right-clicking it, but as that then removes the properties window in the VBIDE (at least for me it does), I prefer not to do that but rather to go into the VBIDE and look in there.

Bob Phillips
08-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Oh yes, you need to be in design view if you want to resize the object, or rename it.