PDA

View Full Version : Question about VBA

wz72n01
08-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Hello VBA Gods,

If I wanted to become an expert in VBA, and my company was willing to pay for any Microsoft Certification, what Certification will get me smart in VBA as a byproduct?

MCDBA Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
MCAD Microsolft Certified Application Developer
Microsoft Visual Studio
Microsoft SQL Server

Or do you recommend also signing up for the VBA Express Certification as well?
:hi:

SS

Norie
08-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Personally I don't actually think certification is going to make you into a VBA Expert.

I know various friends that have such certification and they certainly aren't experts.:)

PS I'm going it to hiding now to miss all the brickbats this post will probably cause.:hide:

daniel_d_n_r
08-11-2007, 03:00 AM
MCDBA Microsoft Certified Database Administrator--probably get you into Microsoft SQL Server database administration (VB.NET,.ASP..ect)

MCAD Microsolft Certified Application Developer---Sounds live VB.Net to me,VBA is hardly an application develpoment code

Microsoft Visual Studio---Would be about the visual studio development program VB.NET ,C#,J#.ect...

Microsoft SQL Server---This would get you proficient in Microsoft SQL server (database, often accross the net and networked computers)

Really none of thes are Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
They are all VB.NET and .NET Framework code,the good news is .NET is very powerful.

Though if your company needs a developer, go for the Application developer,,if your company needs you for databases go for Microsof Sql and the certified database admin.

You will have to decide if you really need VBA or another code like VB.NET,C#,.ASP...ect\

Also define your needs --database? internet applications?windows programs?..ect

..and surf the net for tutorials so your not going in without any base knowledge.