PDA

View Full Version : Progress Box

RECrerar
08-09-2007, 01:27 AM
Okay next problem.

The program carried out by the macro is very long and performs lots of tasks. So people using the program could be sat looking at the screen having no idea how far the macro has progressed. I would like to be able to have a pop-up box which is visiable while the program is running and gets populated as tasks are completed for example with:

log on completed.....
locating part completed.....
etc....

I'm not really sure how to do this, my instinct would be to look at using a list box butI really have no idea. Can anyone suggest how to perform this action?

Thanks

Bob Phillips
08-09-2007, 01:57 AM
Robin Hamm ond's Progress Bar
http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/ED/Pages/ExcelProgressBar.htm

Maurice
08-09-2007, 06:14 AM
That is an amazing coincidence, I logged in to ask an almost identical question. I will wait for an answer to your problem first. After re-reading your question, it is not quite what I was trying to do but I wonder if there is a way to do what you want with msgbox so long as you can find a way to leave the message for a few seconds and then to (as it were) click the OK button from the macro itself. There should be a way.

Bob Phillips
08-09-2007, 06:41 AM
Problem with the message box is that noting else happens while it is up.

RECrerar
08-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Had a look at the link xld posted, looks pretty much exactly what I'm after, only problem is I don't understand it at the moment. Will have a look at it in more detail tomorrow. I assume it is customisable, in that you could have it display as many messages as you wanted

Bob Phillips
08-09-2007, 09:05 AM
It is customisable for sure, but you need to understand it before messing with it <G>