PDA

View Full Version : Disable Virus Scanner Check?

vassili
08-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Is there any way of disabling the virus scanning before opening every excel document on the vba macro level? i know i can turn it off in the antivirus program, but i want it to be trasparent to the user if at all possible.

i assume the scan kicks in before any macro is ever executed...so what can i do? i need to open a bunch of files with this code and it takes 3sec+ to open each file. the user could be waiting for 30sec+ on something that shouldn't take longer than 5sec!

Ken Puls
08-12-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm sure that this depends on many things, including the virus scanner in use, but...

The point of having a virus check before opening files is to prevent malicious code from running. If you could just unflag the settings by using VBA or some other language, what would the point of the protection be? I would suspect that no virus software would allow programatic access to their object model, and if I found out mine did, I would remove it immediately.

It is also worth noting that while you ask this question, anyone can read the response... including someone who wants to learn to do this with nefarious intent.