PDA

View Full Version : Tickler type field

wasim_sono
08-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Dear All

I need to create or design a field which tickle or intimate the user after a specified time. e.g.

I enter date in field as 22-Aug-2007 at the time of data entry. Now when the 22nd day of august comes a message will appear on screen that remember the user about that record.

Is it possible? If yes then please help me in sorting out.

Thanks.

Wasim

stanl
08-14-2007, 05:50 AM
Appears you need a simple select with a date field.

asingh
08-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi,

How would you want the reminder.

1. Automatically..as soon as the data base is opened...?
2. Someone clicks on a button..as the reminder appears..?
3. Someone cicks on a stored query..and a table is update..viewed...?

regards,

asingh

wasim_sono
08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks all for the reply.

asingh!

I choose 1st option.

Thanks.

Wasim

stanl
08-15-2007, 03:00 AM
asingh!

I choose 1st option.
Wasim

Access forms have an onopen event, or do you want this behavior when the database itself is open?

wasim_sono
08-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Dear Stanl

I want as The database open the message windo appears on the screen.

Thanks.

Wasim

asingh
08-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Go to Tool--->startup..and set the form with your message as the start up object.

Attached screenshot..shows that...!

regards,

asingh

wasim_sono
08-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Asingh

baley bhai baley

It should be appeared on a specific date. How correlate the date option with system date?

Wasim

asingh
08-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi,

where would the date be..that is compared to the current system date...in a table..?????

wasim_sono
08-26-2007, 11:06 PM
HI
Of course: The tickler date should be store in table. whenever the database open this tickler date (stored in table) compare with system date and at matching display message window.

Thanks.

Wasim

asingh
08-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Hi Wasim,

Please clarify the following..before I create the DB.....[not that its difficult..but I want to be precise and accurate].

1. Would the tickler date be one singular date stored in a table...?
2. Would it be a set of dates stored in a table.

If 2:---Which date in the set of tickler dates will be used to compare to system date.
a. The first date in the table.
b. The last date in the table.
c. The largest date.
d. The smallest date.
c. Or any other logic..you wish to employ which would "pick" the tickler date and make the comparison...!

regards,

asingh

wasim_sono
08-28-2007, 01:57 AM
Hi asingh

There will be a single date stor in table.

Wasim

asingh
08-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi Wasim,

Attached is a data base.

If the ticker date is less than system date, you will get the message, when the data base is opened.

The table contains the tickler date, and the respective message which can be modified.

thanks and regards,

asingh

wasim_sono
09-04-2007, 04:04 AM
Hi Asingh

I 'm getting the problem when I apply your VB code on my form. As I open the form the following error message appeared at red marked text.

Form_Tickler.frm_lbl.Caption = Tickler_Remarks

Compile error
method or data member not found.
Thank.

I want to use another procedur.

I created a form based on a query which has fields like "tickler Date", "Tickler Remarks", "Subject". I use now() in Tickler Date field as criteria. (Means if it matches with system date then display all records and if not then display nothing). but the query result nothing, but when I enter physically date as #04/09/2007# the query display the records. Whats happening I don't know. Am I going in right direction or not?

Wasim

asingh
09-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Hi,

You are getting the above error..cause you form does not have a label component on it.

Declare ticker_date as a "date" data type..since Now() is the same...for comparison.

Note:
Just to be sure, declare another variable say "Current_date" as date type again..and assign it the value of Now().

Dim Current_date as Date '//declare as date

Current_date = Now() '//assign current system time

regards,

asingh

wasim_sono
09-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi Asingh

I'm so sorry that I couldn't understand the form label component. How I mention it on my form so resolve the problem. and what about the secon procedure I suggested. What's it solution?

Thanks.

Wasim

asingh
09-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Hi,

Declare ticker_date as a "date" data type..since Now() is the same...for comparison.

Note:
Just to be sure, declare another variable say "Current_date" as date type again..and assign it the value of Now().

Dim Current_date as Date '//declare as date

Current_date = Now() '//assign current system time