PDA

View Full Version : Solved: help with test Calculator in a useform

Darren
08-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi Captains

When i open my userform i would like it to select turnover first and not royalty as it is doing at the moment.

i would also like to work out the COST of royalties based on the turnover excluding sales tax.

2 boxes are active achieved this thanks to XLD and Malcolms help the active 2 are created as text boxes and the others are created as labels.

when a user inputs the total % of royalties due ie.. 5 % or 10 % and so on i would like the COST label box to reflect TURNOVER x ROYALTIES

I have applied what i have learnt but now stuck

Thanks

Darren
South Africa

Bob Phillips
08-16-2007, 03:32 PM
I've re-jigged it a bit. If you want to input turnover it has to be a textbox.

Darren
08-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi Bob

Thanks for the support... let me explain the process

when the calculator opens it must first select the box not excluding

1) Turnover (including) the user must then input this information
2) the next box to be selected by pressing enter or tab must be ( how much the "royalty Due" that need to be paid are ... the user then inputs the royalty amount he/or she needs to pay 5 , 10 , 15 percent to the franchise this amount will be reflected in the Cost box . this is equal to the following formula .......Turnover (excluding sales tax) X Royalties = Cost

Cost must reflect this amount

Hope this helps champion Bob

Kind regards
Darren
South Africa

Bob Phillips
08-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Can you explain it in terms of the workbook I posted?

In that the Turnover Excl is first selected

On exit from Turnover Excl, Royalty is selected, Costs is calculated as Turnover Excl * Royalty /100.

On exit from Royalty, Turnover Incl is selecetd, and VAT is calculated form this input.

Should the Royalty amounts be fixed values (5,10,15% etc.), if so, then maybe a dropdown would be better.

Darren
08-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi bob

Thanks for the patience

when opened the tax calculator must FIRST select box Turnover Including

the name in the program is "txtTurnoverIncl"

once this box is completed .... on enter or tab select box "txtRoyalty" box and in this box a dropdown box would help 1% to 35% would be good.

the box COST far right must reflect what i need to pay the franchise based on my turnover therefore turnover exclding x frachise fee = to cost

I hope this helps you Bob and thanks for your help Champ

Darren
South Africa

Bob Phillips
08-17-2007, 12:54 AM
I hope this does it all

Darren
08-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Hi Bob

Thank you champion

Darren

Darren
08-17-2007, 01:52 AM
Hi Bob

It works well. Bob one small problem in testing the code. I fill the turnover including in and that works ok, I then select royalty due drop down box and select the amount that works ok, When i press the delete key i get a debug error. at this point % is highlighted in blue.

Bob what in the code makes it select Turnover Including box first...? Is it in the position you place it in the code ?

Thanks

Darren
South Africa

Bob Phillips
08-17-2007, 08:07 AM
Here is an amendment for that problem Darren.

Turnover is first selected because I set the TabIndex property to 0. This determines the tabbing order of all selectable controls.

Darren
08-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi Bob

Thank you will test the code and thanks for the explanation

Darren
South Africa