PDA

View Full Version : VBA and Excel

priya_antony
08-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Hi

Actually what am i looking for is to display the data that is retrieved from the sap needs needs to be displayed on to a grid
can anyone help how to display the the table objects data on to the grid
the retrieval is done just need to display the table object details on to a data grid or grid view
Kindly help

Regards
Priya

stanl
08-17-2007, 11:57 AM
just need to display the table object details on to a data grid or grid view
Priya

Perhaps don't use Excel, consider Access, or SCGrid [there is a nice freeware version]

You could also [assuming your SAP data is a recordset], use copyfromrecordset and modify Excel's context-menu [right-click] to provide grid-like functionality. [I did this once, but used OWC rather than Excel].

Stan

L@ja
09-10-2007, 06:41 AM
Hi,
which sap transaction (and version) what you use?

I using the sap, and created many reports automation with excel.
if your datas can come from the sap ALV list, you can export direct to excel.(for example)

lalbatros
09-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Hi,

Personally I use the PDM5 utility (a shareware) to dowload data tables from sap to an sqlserver on a periodic basis.
Then I use Excel and/or Access to use these data.
I do so because I need much flexibility to fill in non-normalised reports of many different kinds with small amounts of data.
I do also so because BW is not running on our system, and I will stop doing so as soon as BW is installed.

The main problem with that solution, for me, is that usually the amount of data is rather big.
Selecting only the required data from multiples tables is not an easy task, therefore I tend to download generally the full tables. (for example I preffer to update a full copy of AUFK)

L@ja
09-11-2007, 03:56 AM
hali,
try to use into the sap the folloving:
sqvi
if you have a rights then you can create a query from any joined table.
it is a very cool tool any reporting problems :-)
if you have a question pls not hasitate, ask me ...