PDA

View Full Version : Code working when stepping through but not completely when assigned to rollover

averilp
08-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Hi there,

I am new to Powerpoint VBA and I've probably gone about the completely the wrong way.

I've thrown together the code that should (in theory) hide named shapes, and I've assigned the various subs to run on mouse rollover of each image.

When I step through the code it runs as expected, but for some reason when I am in slideshow view, and rollover the image, the code doesn't work as expected.

Would someone mind having a look and telling me where I might be going wrong?

I do have further work to do on this so I might be back for more questions!

Thanks in advance,
Averil

averilp
08-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Hi all,

Just waned to advise that I found out what the problem was...

I should have been using:

ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("nameofshape").Visible = True

Cheers,
Averil

John Wilson
08-17-2007, 10:53 PM
You should but here's a suggestion
first select each of the shapes in turm and run this to add an ID tag

Sub tagger()
On Error GoTo err:
ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange.Tags.Add "include", "yesme"
Exit Sub
err:
MsgBox "error"
End Sub

Then activate this on mouseover

Sub mouseover(oshp As Shape)
Dim i As Integer
With ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide
For i = 1 To .Shapes.Count
If .Shapes(i).Tags("include") = "yesme" Then .Shapes(i).Visible = True
oshp.Visible = False
Next i
End With
End Sub

averilp
08-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Thanks John, I will have a go at that :)

One other quick question probably really simple answer but I mustn't be searching correctly... How do I go to a slide that I have named???

While I am at it, I will ask for advise as to the next step...

I have also created and named shapes which are half transparent rectangles that are aligned directly over each of the other images. The purpose for these is that my boss would like the images to appear "greyed out" if we've already been to the slides associated with it.

e.g. If from the main slide, he decides to go into the option for "The future of Human Error", he'll go to the slides associated with that discussion; then ideally go back to this main screen where he would like that option to be greyed out (but still able to go back to just in case...).

Regards,
Averil

John Wilson
08-18-2007, 02:13 AM
ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide (ActivePresentation.Slides("the name").SlideIndex)

I would probably use the SlideID property instead of a name.

ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide _
(ActivePresentation.Slides.FindBySlideID(258).SlideIndex))

would go to slideID = 258 eg

slide ID is fixed and shouldnt change.

averilp
08-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Thank you very much!

I've got it all working now :)

For your information, to get the "greyed" out part working, I did the following:

Option Explicit
Dim intOptionSelected As Integer
Dim Opt1Selected As Boolean
Dim Opt2Selected As Boolean
Dim Opt3Selected As Boolean
Dim Opt4Selected As Boolean
Dim Opt5Selected As Boolean
Dim Opt6Selected As Boolean
Dim Opt7Selected As Boolean
Dim Opt8Selected As Boolean

Sub BackToMain()
'go to main dashboard
ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GoToSlide (ActivePresentation.Slides("Dashboard").SlideIndex)'work out which _
images have already been clicked on and grey them out
If Opt1Selected = True Then ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("opt1grey").Visible = True
If Opt2Selected = True Then ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("opt2grey").Visible = True
If Opt3Selected = True Then ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("opt3grey").Visible = True
If Opt4Selected = True Then ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("opt4grey").Visible = True
If Opt5Selected = True Then ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("opt5grey").Visible = True
If Opt6Selected = True Then ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("opt6grey").Visible = True
If Opt7Selected = True Then ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("opt7grey").Visible = True
If Opt8Selected = True Then ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes("opt8grey").Visible = True
End Sub

Sub OnClick1()
'remember which image they clicked on
Opt1Selected = True
'go to the correct slide
ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GoToSlide (ActivePresentation.Slides("Pic1Slide").SlideIndex)
End Sub

'etc etc for each image

At the end of the presentation, everything is set back to how it was :)

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,
AP