PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Rounded corners to Text Box

paulked
08-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Is there a way to round off the corners to a Text Box?

Best Regards

Paul Ked

fumei
08-26-2007, 10:48 PM
No.

Could you HAVE a rounded corner graphic with text on it, in Word?

Yes. By using a graphic. You can crudely do this with Word Art. Just remember it will be a graphic, technically NOT text.

IMO, this is UGLY UGLY use of Word, but here goes.

1. Open the Drawing toolbar.
2. Select AutoShapes.
3. Select Basic Shapes
4. Select the rounded rectangle.
5. Draw an object to the size you want.
6. Resize that stupid pain-in-the-butt frame if need...and it probably will be.
7. Insert > Textbox. It will look like nothing is going on, but draw one of those pain-in-the-butt textboxes.
8. Type your text.

Voila. Text in a rounded "textbox". It is NOT a textbox though. You can move the drawing object around, and the text will move with it.

BUT, and this is a big but (butt), if you EVER move the textbox (the real textbox with the text) out of the drawing object - by even a tiny fraction - it will no longer be linked to the drawing object, and it will NOT move with it.

Bleeeech, bleeeech. Hate the darn things. Bleeeech.

geekgirlau
08-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Actually, when you draw the rounded rectangle, you can then right-click on it and select "Add Text" ...

fumei
08-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Oh. Thanks for that. I always like to learn things. I did not know that...as I never use the darn things. Bleeeech.

geekgirlau
08-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Agreed - Word handles graphics extremely badly, although I guess that given it's a word processor and not a graphic application we shouldn't really expect it to do better ...

fumei
08-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Nope, we shouldn't...and I don't. I wish most people would realize it as well. That, and trying to use it as a spreadsheet. I can't think of the number of times I have suggested...ummm, perhaps you should use Excel?

paulked
08-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks for that. Unfortunately I can't change the radius of the rounded rectangles so I have created them in, wait for it, Paint! Imported them as clip art and sent them to the back of the text. Even more ugly!!!

Thanks once again

Paul Ked

lucas
08-28-2007, 10:58 AM
MS Publisher for this kind of stuff is perfect....Excel works well as a spreadsheet.

fumei
08-28-2007, 12:43 PM
:rofl:

paulked
08-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Sorry, forgot to mark in 'solved' :blush