PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Your Opinion, Please

Spratt_Cary
09-02-2007, 05:51 AM
I have a excel/UserForm spreadsheet that I have been working on and with the help of VBAX, it is getting better and better. thanks. But I need to open word and fill in some data for the end user. I have found 2 codes on VBAX for excel to word. 1) is from excel to a word DOCUMENT using linking and 2) is excel to word TEMPLATE using bookmarks. I have played with both. With 1) I am not fond of the word document after a SAVE AS asking if I want to update the links (do not ever want to update). With 2) I am not fond of the TEMPLATE format (never used). So I am asking the experts out there which format is better and why. Since I only know enough to get in trouble I would greatly appreciate your opinion.:hi:

lucas
09-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Is there some reason you have to use Word?

mdmackillop
09-02-2007, 11:52 AM
The simplest solution is a MailMerge from Word using Excel as the data source.
Is that an option?

Spratt_Cary
09-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Lucas, Word is the only word processor that I have to create the template. What else did you have in mind?
mdmackillop, can mailmerge just involve the 2nd row only? I will do some research, thanks

mdmackillop
09-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi Spratt,
If you have a unique identifier in that row, you can select on it, or maybe you can add a column for that purpose.