PDA

View Full Version : running slow

ashgull80
09-03-2007, 11:54 AM
hi
i have a workbook with about 10 pages and the workbook was running perfectly but i then created a page which has lots of formulas.
it now makes the general running of the workbook very slow, it takes about 1min to open a userform
i was thinking that i could put these formulas in a seperate workbook so that the original workbook runs quicker! is this a good idea or does someone else have a better one??

the formulas works out total takings for different dates
eg
column 'a' has date (can be any time in the last 15yrs)
column 'b' has a value of money taken on that date
then on a seperate page a formula works out total takings for each month, year ect..

thanks ash

lucas
09-03-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm trying to understand how putting the same formula's in a differnent workbook might help....seems it would just add the time to open the other workbook to the time it takes to do the calculations.

There must be a lot of formula's for it to slow you down that much. You might try setting calculation to manual when your userform loads. Sounds like a lot of calulations are taking place when the userform ititializes.

Just guessing because I can's see the workbook example you didn't post....just kidding but it would help.

mikerickson
09-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Just a notion: calculate the takings for each day,month, year, etc ONCE and store it as part of the archived data. That would turn your new page into data with no formulas (or just those formulas needed to deal with new data).