PDA

View Full Version : Automation Help

wilj0069@unf
09-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Excel 2003
I work at a investment advisroy firm and I track investments in excel. I have 58 investments that are on autoupdate from an external source. They are all on an excel sheet. On another sheet i would like excel, if possible, to capture the closing prices of these investments and they are usually completely updated at around 6:15 every weeknight. Is there someway to have excel look at the closing price and add it to the corresponding date on a daily basis? I hope this explains what I am trying to do. Thank you in advance.

anandbohra
09-04-2007, 10:58 PM
to get data u can user webquery or SMF addin ( a yahoo group that can fetch webdata in excel sheet) then u can specifty the macro which copy the required data in the requried sheet.
for this we need your data format there we can see the structure & accordingly try to solve it.

pl upload the example file here

wilj0069@unf
09-05-2007, 07:15 AM
Here is an example. The 1st sheet is the investments and the 2nd is small example of how I would like to set up the data to be recieved. Thank you all once again for any help.

anandbohra
09-05-2007, 10:21 PM
hi friend,
most of the time i am concerned with completion of the task no matter how does it happens.
same technique i am applying here in your case possibility of error are more.
1- u should be punctual at sharp 6.15 to get data.
2- the web query prompts you for stock codes so manually enter every time.
3- if the internet connetion is poor then macro schedule will replicate data or not give proper data.

so for you i came up with best solution which gives u all your required data on one click for n no of periods without worring about accuracy.
follow this step

first download the zip file it contains 2 files
first one is RCH_Stock_Market_Functions.xla
second one is Mult Quotes.xls

put this RCH_Stock_Market_Functions.xla to your local drive\program files\smf addin (e.g. D:\Program Files\SMF Add-In)
then include analysis toolpak-VBA

then run this file

in this Multi quotes file only one confusing thing is item
u can see DOHLCV which stands for Date, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume
& just below it it ask for Symbol & output-To
symbol is yahoo symbol & out put is from which address it start pasting data.

any query get back to me

& it u wanna be part of this SMF addin group u can find the same in google search it made for getting webdata in excel through functions.
DOHLCV