PDA

View Full Version : Adaptive Database/Table

dagdago
09-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Dear forum users,

I wish to implement database/table that includes 2 columns: serial number and status field.
The serial number should consist of a 9 digits. The status field should contain one of three words (e.g. monkey, donkey and funky :)).

The databse/table should be empty at first and grow as the users insets new rows at will.

* The application should let the user the option either to add or remove new lines at any time.
* It should provide the option of seraching a row by its serial number.
* and should produce cross sections of the databse/table when asked to.

I'm new to VBA/Excel and don't really now its capabilities. Could any one tell me if this is the right tool? In addition a direction to a source code/lead would be welcome.

Thx, dagdago

lucas
09-05-2007, 03:39 PM
The databse/table should be empty at first and grow as the users insets new rows at will.

Are they going to actually insert rows or are they going to add data to the next row?

* It should provide the option of seraching a row by its serial number.

by what means? A userform?

* and should produce cross sections of the databse/table when asked to.

What does this mean?

Lastly, what research have you done to try to accomplish this? Such as searching this and other forums, etc.

You will have to attack this one step at a time and you can't ask for a complete solution with so many tasks. Try to start it and post your specific questions and you will get help.

You should also put together an example workbook with before and after results and detail what you want to do in the workbook. Make it easy to understand exactly what your are trying to do...first.