PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Personal.xla is MIA

cmpgeek
12-16-2004, 08:37 AM
for some reason, when i open the VB editor there is no Personal.xla... there are a couple others there that i dont remember being there before and they are all password protected... i have always just assumed that the ones that would show up here would be ones from this PC and not from all over the hospital, so i dont have any idea where they came from...

should i be concerned about this?

Richie(UK)
12-16-2004, 09:15 AM
Hi c,

I think you are referring to the PERSONAL.xls. Are you saying that it was there and is now gone or that you would like it to be added for the first time?

If the former, try doing a Windows search. If the latter, simply start recording a macro (Tools menu / Macro / Record New Macro) and choose 'Personal MAcro Workbook' from the drop-down choice for 'Store macro in'.

As regards the other entries, what are they (ie what are they called)? It may simply be that somebody has installed a password protected add-in, for example FUNCRES.XLA or ATPVBAEN.XLA).

cmpgeek
12-16-2004, 10:17 AM
Hi c,
As regards the other entries, what are they (ie what are they called)? It may simply be that somebody has installed a password protected add-in, for example FUNCRES.XLA or ATPVBAEN.XLA).
well i feel like an idiot - on several counts...

i had .xls but then changed it when i saw the other things that were showing up were .xla ...

i did a search on the computer and it cant find it... i dont remember deleteing it, but i must have... i think i remember creating it when i was trying something i had found at a VBA site a while ago and its been so long ago that i didnt remember that it wasnt just supposed to be there.

the other entries are just what you said they might be - right down to the names...

sorry i bothered yall with this, but i am glad i asked about those other entries - i could not figure that out...

thanks again...