PDA

View Full Version : SendObject Problems

Monochrome
09-06-2007, 03:42 PM
I've got a fully functional Access 2003 database with a good bit of VBA code tacked on that I use to sort user-entered data (shipments) and email reports to the various individuals who use them to update their inventories. The database is currently used on an XP machine that uses Lotus Notes as its primary email program.

I now need to run the code attached to this database on another computer (XP also). The problem I have is that this computer is loaded with iNotes instead of Lotus Notes. I'm running into problems with the SendObject command working with iNotes. This is the line of code that is now malfunctioning:

DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "Report Name", "rich text format", "recipient@emailaddress.com", , , "Subject", "Attached is the report."

Can anyone offer any insight? I've found various ways to work around the SendObject command when using Lotus Notes, but they do not work with iNotes.

Oorang
09-10-2007, 07:16 AM
What error are you getting?

Monochrome
09-10-2007, 07:39 AM
No error message is given at all. It successfully creates the email, fills the subject line and fills the message body but fails to put in a recipient or add the attachment.

Oorang
09-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Well the good news is that iNotes has an API. The bad news is you'll probably have to use it:) Here is the guide (http://www.ls2capi.com/web/ls2capi/ls2capihome.nsf/Content/SC_BASIC?OpenDocument&ExpandOutline=1.2).

Monochrome
09-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks a ton.

Imdabaum
10-11-2007, 09:11 AM
We have a similar problem occurring in our office. We use GroupWise and have a third party access project tied into it that creates a PDF file then we use the SendObject to send an email to the customer with the PDF of their billing reciept. It happens randomly and is very hard to reproduce. In fact if you just close the form and reopen it, the function works 90% of the time. Any ideas?