PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Date / Time Control

Ridwan
12-18-2004, 12:33 AM
Hi to all experts !!

In Access 2000
I have subform in continus view with a date field.
I Create new form with the the Only Calendar ActiveX Object on it, to be opened when get focus to the date field,
MY QUESTIONS:
1-how to position that calender form beside the current field in the subform.
2-is there better way or another activeX for the same purpose.
3-is there better Date/Time ActiveX

Thanks in advance.

Cosmos75
02-09-2005, 11:09 PM
I just created a sample file (http://accessdb.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=53&Itemid=45) today to do something like that and came here and found this unanswered question! How wierd is that!

My sample only opens the date picker form when you click a button. It'll set a field (that you specify) to the value of the date chosen from the "date-picker form" for the current record. I guess you could change it to run on the On Got Focus event of the date field.

I tested it and it seems to work, but if anyone finds a mistake, let me know and I'll correct it and even cite you as the source of the correction!
:)

I don't know if my way is any good but I thought I'd share it! Maybe someone else can come along and let us both know of a better way!

I am not so sure that the Access 97 version works, I converted an Access 2000 file to 97 in Access XP but don't have Access 97 to test it myself. I am worried that Access 97 won't recognize the ActiveX controls.

Cosmos75
02-10-2005, 09:06 AM
There is a problem with the Access 97 version. I have removed it for now until I can fix it! My apologies to all Access 97 people!