PDA

View Full Version : Actions - Run Program (Path Problem)

rrenis
09-11-2007, 07:43 AM
Hi - I want to run a camtasia .exe file between slides. I've added a text box which when clicked lauches the file using the run program option of the action settings. Trouble is this will be on CD and the CD drive letter could change. Does anyone know how I can alter the path so that it runs from the CD no matter what the CD rom is mapped as?

Also, is it possible to automaticly run the .exe between slides without having to click on the specific text box? As I want to publish this as a show I'm guessing that macro's won't work??:dunno

Cheers,
rrenis

Paul_Hossler
09-11-2007, 11:07 AM
You could "brute force" your way from D: to Z: looking to see if the program exe exists (FileExists Method and the DriveExists Method) and when you find it, run it

Paul

rrenis
09-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Thanks Paul - hadn't thought of that! :clap:

Just one last thing - does anyone know how to trigger VBA after a click event moves to the next slide? I'd like to run a file between slides? I'm sure it's probably straight forward but until now I've not really touched powerpoint!

Cheers,
rrenis

rrenis
09-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Just had a thought - I could get the directory of the CD/DVD-Rom drive from the following (then just use LEFT to grab the first letter, i.e. the drive).

ActivePresentation.FullName

Any help on triggering events at the end of a slide would be great : pray2:

EDIT: Macros don't seem to work when it's a .pps file. So not able to use macro's after all :( (I'll make do with the actions settings)

Cheers,
rrenis

John Wilson
10-04-2007, 08:33 AM
sorry double post!

John Wilson
10-04-2007, 08:34 AM
The "real" way to make macros run in response to click events is to write an event handler which would involve class modules. If this means nothing to you then this "bodge" may help:
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/autovba.html

BTW Macros DO run in .pps files, you might mean they won't run in the free viewer

Paul_Hossler
10-04-2007, 10:07 AM
John --

"bodge" ??? Is that the same as a "kludge" on my side of the pond?:rotlaugh:

Also, could / would you post the Class code for PP, or point me to a writeup as to where the app events are described?

Thanks

Paul

John Wilson
10-04-2007, 10:33 AM
http://pptfaq.com/FAQ00004.htm

rrenis
10-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks John!! :bow:

Cheers,
rrenis