PDA

View Full Version : Presenting two datas in a graph

chamster
09-12-2007, 05:35 AM
I have a set of measured times which i wish (and know how to) present as a graph. At the same time, i have a corresponding set of qualities, such that every time measurement has it's unique quality.

I COULD present these data as two separate lines (dots, bars, etc.) but i'd like to put them into one graph with one single (dotted) line.

By other words i'd like to create the following. Draw a dot at height "time measured" and color it as "quality of measurement". I've seen it be done, never understanding how to.

Wizard
09-12-2007, 05:54 AM
Just taking a wild guess at a possible approach here, haven't tried it myself...

Assuming the chart is on its own sheet, what if you had a Worksheet_Activate macro that would (every time the chart is activated) cycle through the collection of Data Points and set the color appropriately for each one?

chamster
09-12-2007, 06:04 AM
If that's possible, it could more or less satisfy me. Now, the problem is that the specific code will most likely include things new to me so i'd be great if i could take a look at a macro that does something like that.

Can you suggest a point-and-click way to create such a diagram? (Of course, it needs not to be dynamically updated, nor depending on a certain set of values. It only needs to show me how to obtain a pointer to a graph, extract a pointer to the set of points drawn and set a color to each. The rest, i'll manage to sweat out myself.)

chamster
09-12-2007, 06:08 AM
Just to be super clear - i can manage to color one single dot out of the full series of twenty. However, there's got to be a more automatized way to do that than going dot by dot... Or am i mistaken here?