PDA

View Full Version : Setting values for x-axis

chamster
09-19-2007, 01:56 AM
I have x-axis that loops over 16 hours and is divided in periods of 5 minutes. That means 16*12 measurement points. When i let Excel pick som of the values to put on the axis as labels, it picks as it pleases. The problem is that i'd like it to pick all full hours.

I used a range that contains full hours by
=if(minute(X)=0;X;"")
but that gave me every third full hour. i get 6, then 9 but 7 and 8 are missing. How do i force Excel to show PRECISELY all full hours?

TonyJollans
09-19-2007, 02:13 AM
If I understand at all you need to set the TickLabelSpacing (and maybe TickMarkSpacing) on the axis. I don't know what you're doing with the Range at all. You could put it down to my ignorance of Charts but could you explain a little more. Also, what version of Excel as 2007 has a whole new Chart.

chamster
09-19-2007, 04:09 AM
I think it will suffice to take a closer look at _Spacing you've hinted me about. I strongly feel i'll be able to either make it from there or discourage my supervisor as to pursue the goal. :)

As to what version we're using - it's 2003 as far as i know. I notice that if the changes to Chart object are of so large degree as you imply, perhaps there's a need for me to look into that as well. Thanks for the heads up, in that case!

chamster
09-19-2007, 04:10 AM
I think it will suffice to take a closer look at _Spacing you've hinted me about. I strongly feel i'll be able to either make it from there or discourage my supervisor as to pursue the goal. :)

As to what version we're using - it's 2003 as far as i know. I notice that if the changes to Chart object are of so large degree as you imply, perhaps there's a need for me to look into that as well. Thanks for the heads up, in that case!