PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Excel 2003 XLA (Menu) Add-In

jai2
09-19-2007, 05:52 AM
Hello,

We have this custom created menu for submitting a payroll. It is in a form of a .XLA file and loaded as a custom add-in item on the menu bar.

We add it by going to: Tools --> Add-Ins --> browse for file --> select the file --> Select the item --> Payroll menu item added to the toolbar

This method worked 100% in Excel 2002. We have recently upgraded some of our workstations to Excel 2003 and are now facing some issues. The problem is each time Excel is run, this menu is supposed to reload automatically. You can see this menu being loaded, but it immediately disappears or gets hidden. Only way to get it back each time is by going back in to Tools --> Add-Ins --> DeSelect the Payroll Menu ---> reselect it --> Ok and it comes back.

Does anyone know what is causing this issues or how to get around it?

I would really appriciate your help.
Thanks,
Jai

rory
09-19-2007, 06:19 AM
Do you have any other add-ins loaded on those 2003-version machines? Are you using the Workbook_Open event or the Workbook_AddinInstall event to create the menu item?

jai2
09-19-2007, 06:44 AM
No, this is the only add-in that we are using. How can I tell what event that I'm using? This add-in module was created by 3rd party few years back.

rory
09-19-2007, 07:03 AM
You would need to open the VBEditor, locate the add-in project in the Project Explorer and double-click on the ThisWorkbook object. It may well be protected though if it's a 3rd party tool.

jai2
09-19-2007, 07:05 AM
You're 100% correct. I've done that, and it's password protected.

Do you have any tools that you can use to crack it open? I could email it to you if you wish.

my email address is jaipatel2@yahoo.com

lucas
09-19-2007, 07:13 AM
This request is against board policy. Please see our FAQ (http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq.php?faq=psting_faq_item#faq_hack_faq_item)

jai2
09-19-2007, 07:31 AM
No problem. I don't have much options. Any work around that you can suggest.

rory
09-19-2007, 08:11 AM
Contact the third party supplier and explain your issue to them - it may be something they have come across before.