PDA

View Full Version : Solved: How to block users from changing the Access Design?

winxmun
09-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Anybody can help me on how to block users from changing Access design? Example, block users from using Shift+Enter to open an Access file. Thank you in advance.

Oorang
09-21-2007, 10:49 AM
http://www.databasedev.co.uk/disable_shift_bypass.html

winxmun
09-24-2007, 12:47 AM
Hi Oorang, tks for your reply. i've just tried the method but encounterred error msg, ie Syntax error. Any idea why?

My access file was created with startup option to open a form called fmStartup. In the code sample, i've to create a module & a command button. i've created the module but not sure where to create & attach the code to a command button?

May i know where to create the function & code to a command button?
Where to create the command button, in a form?

Actually i tried to create the common button in the fmStartUp form but was prompted with the error msg, ie Syntax error. Any idea what's the reason?

Tks & regards

winxmun
04-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi Oorang, i have tried using the method in the hyperlink provided . However the function is successful. I have attached the access file for your assistance. Thank you very much....:help

regards,
winxmun

icthus123
04-16-2008, 08:09 AM
Can't you just split it and convert the front end to an MDE database? That should stop users from changing things.

Oorang
04-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Should be just a one liner from the immediate window:

CurrentDb.Properties.Append CurrentDb.CreateProperty("AllowBypassKey", dbBoolean, False, True)

winxmun
08-25-2009, 02:38 AM
Previously not very familiar with converting of MDB to MDE. Now have tried converted a file so will be trying to convert the rest to MDE.

Oorang
08-25-2009, 06:52 AM
Make sure you keep track of the original.

winxmun
08-26-2009, 11:35 PM
yup! tks for the reminder...:thumb