PDA

View Full Version : Solved: ScreenUpdating Issue?

jmenche
09-21-2007, 07:02 AM
Howdy,

I have a routine that takes a data set on one sheet and copies some of it to another part of the same sheet and then eventually hides the columns. I turned off screenupdating but you can still see Excel whip around the sheet. Is there any way to not have this happen? Is screenupdating only for multiple sheets?

:dunno

tpoynton
09-21-2007, 07:06 AM
any chance of posting the offending code? setting application.screenupdating to false should turn it off...

jmenche
09-21-2007, 07:17 AM
ooops...i found the issue...another routine that i was calling was turning it back on ;-)

Aussiebear
09-22-2007, 01:35 AM
any chance of posting the offending code?

I don't mean to be critical here, but this is an example of not helping the VBA challenged people catchup with the subject matter. For the experienced people, I guess you learn to live with questions about code not working, and can visualise what the person making the post actually wants.

There is another group of us out here who are wanting to learn, to see examples of code would be very helpful but if somone just suggests they have found the solution and we don't get to see it.... well we might as well go bang heads against the wall.

All I ask is that in these circumstances, can the corrected code be displayed...please?

Bob Phillips
09-22-2007, 02:02 AM
the before and after, so the error can be seen.

Aussiebear
09-22-2007, 04:42 AM
I agree Bob, now it might mean that for a moment in time the poster might feel slightly embarrassed, but when looking at the overall picture, its a learning curve for all of us.

And that's what we are here for aren't we?

jmenche
09-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Believe it or not, I am one of you!

However, in this instance I found out my problem before I needed the answer. I was calling another routine that was undoing what I wanted done. Also, I often ask conceptual questions versus purely syntaxtual (i hope that's a word). Sometimes the code can be a distraction.

rory
09-22-2007, 03:13 PM
it's syntactic or syntactical :clever: