PDA

View Full Version : Button Image

dcgall
09-21-2007, 09:36 AM
I need to know the rules for images used for button on the MAC. My images look fine on PC, but then on MAC look awful - almost as if the pallette is only 10 colors. I'm saving as 24 bit .bmp. thanks,

Oorang
09-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi DC,
Welcome to the board :) I confess I know next to nothing about Mac, but until someone helps you out, you can work around this problem. Add an image control to your form. Set the special effect to raised. Set the button click event to perform the action you wish. To simulate the button animation use the mouse up & down events. See example code below.
Private Sub Image1_Click()
VBA.Beep
End Sub

Private Sub Image1_MouseDown(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
Me.Image1.SpecialEffect = fmSpecialEffectSunken
End Sub

Private Sub Image1_MouseUp(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
Me.Image1.SpecialEffect = fmSpecialEffectRaised
End Sub

dcgall
09-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Oorange, thanks - but .SpecialEffect doesn't appear to be available in MAC.

tpoynton
09-21-2007, 05:38 PM
many limitations on the mac...I havent used pictures for buttons, but i've noticed that you cant even set colors for the button faces. Well, to be clearer, I havent tried setting button colors on the mac, but for projects developed in windows, button colors are not retained.

I have found that VBA help in the mac does a fair job of pointing out when things are different, and workarounds if they exist.

shades
09-26-2007, 07:52 AM
If you have it available, usually if you can get it to run on Excel 97 it will generally work on the Mac.

shades
09-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Take a look Excel 97 Buttons (http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/toolbars.htm) by Dave Ritchie for more.