PDA

View Full Version : Service Pack 3 broke my code (adox 2.8)

laurin1
09-24-2007, 02:38 PM
I was using adox 2.7 to create a new .mdb. Just recently, I've upgraded Office to Service Pack 3. When I tried to run the code, I got an error about module not found. I opened References and I got a message stating that one of them was not loading correctly and that the reference needed to be corrected. When I looked at the adox reference, I saw that it was now pointing to 2.8, not 2.7. Ok, that's fine, but it still didn't work. So, I removed and re-added 2.8 and now I get a message stating "Error in Loading DLL." I have no idea how to fix this. The Component Checker says that I have 2.8 SP1.

EDIT: I figured it out. Can't post the link, as I haven't posted enough. Email me if you want it.

mattj
09-27-2007, 06:35 AM
Reinstall Office and install SP2. I've heard that many, many users are being burned by this SP.

HTH
Matt

laurin1
09-27-2007, 06:38 AM
I was able to make it work by following the directions from Q318251.

Method 2: Reinstall MDAC components

loadTOCNode(2, 'resolution');On Windows XP, if updating MDAC fails, reinstall the most recent version of the MDAC components from the Windows .cab files. To do this, follow these steps.

Note If you have the Windows XP CD, do not finish step 1. 1.Search for the Adcjavas.inc file, and then note the path. The Adcjavas.inc file is typically in the i386 folder.2.Locate the C:\Windows\Inf folder.3.Right-click the Mdac.inf file, and then click Install.4.When you are prompted to insert the Windows XP CD, insert it. If you do not have the Windows XP CD, change the path to match the path for Adcjavas.inc (in the i386 folder) that you noted in step 1, and then click OK.5.If you are prompted to overwrite any files, click Yes.6.If you are prompted to restore system files from the Windows XP CD, click Cancel. Or, you may want to do a Repair installation of Windows XP. You must reinstall any Windows Updates or Service Packs after you do this.