PDA

View Full Version : Printing A Form

Oorang
09-25-2007, 01:35 PM
I have a form that I am printing using the Access.DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint syntax. I choose that particular method because I want the form to print (apx) as it looks on screen. The problem is that it defaults to printing "all records", and you can't even belive how many people forget to change it to "Select Record". I considered switching to the DoCmd.PrintOut syntax, but then the user cannot select the printer unless I construct a form. Is their a way to get
RunCommand syntax to default to "selection" (preferred) or am I stuck using the form/Printout combination?

Edit:
I'm still messing around with this and was using the ShowPrinter common dialog with hopes of using it in conjuction with the printout method, but when I select the printer and tell it to store the on the printer (by changing the output method), the common dialog doesn't seem to make the change.

OBP
09-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Why not Savethe Form as a Report and use that "filtered" to the Current record on the form?

Oorang
09-26-2007, 06:29 AM
I'm not sure how that would solve the problem?

OBP
09-26-2007, 07:59 AM
if you use the acpreview method, then the user can either just print or choose a printer first.